ACRA is responsible for the registering of businesses, companies and LLPs, as well as ensuring that the regulatory requirements relating to registration are complied with. ACRA does not regulate how the business is conducted, but the business may be subject to control and regulation by other Government authorities.
Many kinds of business activities require licences and approval. So even if your business has been registered, you cannot begin to operate unless you have the necessary approval or licences from the relevant Government authorities.
Types of licences and permitsThere are many different types of licences. They can be broadly classified into the following three categories:
Occupational licences for professional services – If your business offers certifiable professional services, your practitioners need to get occupational licences. Some examples are contact lens prescribers, dentists, doctors, financial planners, pilots and commodity futures traders. If you are not sure which licence to obtain, please consult the service bureau, lawyers or organisations that regulate these professions.
Compulsory licences - Certain types of businesses require a special licence before they can operate. Private schools, video companies, travel agencies, liquor distributors, moneylenders, banks and childcare centres are some examples. You will need to apply for the necessary licences before or after you register your business with ACRA, depending on the business nature.
Business activity licences and permits - In the course of running your business, you may need to renovate, erect advertising billboards on your premises, hire foreign workers or export your products. You may also decide to start selling controlled goods such as cigarettes and liquor. For each of these activities, you will need to get a licence or permit.
- HDB Home Office
- Public Entertainment / Liquor
- Employment Agency
- Foodstall / Foodshop
- Tobacco (Retail)
Different types of licenses have different pre-requisites and documents to prepare and submit. Please visit our one-stop business advisory centre for a free consultation. If you are unable to visit our office, or have further enquiries, email us now!
- One (1) business owner/director to be present at our office: 10 Kallang Avenue, #05-17 Aperia Tower 2, Singapore 339510, personally.
- Bring NRIC and/or Passport of business owner/director;
- Get ready your existing Entity Name;
- Upon receiving payment and all supporting documents, we will prepare and file the license application on your behalf. Once the license has been approved, you will be informed in writing.
If you are unable to visit our office, or have further enquiries, email us now!
- Incorporation Service: If you want to incorporate a Company in Singapore, DP SME Advisory is Singapore's One-Stop Business Advisory Centre for Entrepreneurs and Business Owners. For a hassle-free and efficient incorporation process, check out our Incorporation Service Options.
- Registered Office Service: EVERY business/company must have a registered office in Singapore which must be operational and accessible to the public during normal office hours. Please note that a P.O. Box address cannot be used as a business address. If you do not have one, check out our Registered Office Service.
- Corporate Secretarial Service: All Companies registered in Singapore must appoint a Company Secretary to handle Statutory Compliance matters. If you have not appointed an experienced Company Secretary, check out our Corporate Secretarial Service.
- Accounting, Tax & Payroll Service: All companies in Singapore are required to keep proper account records, and directors are required to present at the AGM, the company’s accounts that comply with the requirements of the Accounting Standards in Singapore. DP SME Advisory offers a full suite of accounting, tax and GST filing services to fulfill compliance to both ACRA (Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority) and IRAS (Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore). Check out our Accounting, Tax & Payroll Services.
- Hotline: 6829 9800
- Other channels
DP SME Advisory gives very accurate and reliable information regarding business setups and corporate secretarial services. The staff are professional and warm. We have been with DP SME Advisory for several years now and the quality and reliability of the service is the reason why we chose DP SME Advisory.
DP SME Advisory is a one stop center for our business needs.
- Mr. Lim, Director
Professionalism and responsiveness is of Top Quality. At times going beyond the call of duty. Would strongly recommend DP SME Advisory for corporate secretarial services.
- Jimmy, Director
Had seen DP SME Advisory employees shown a high level of professionalism and patience in attending all my enquiries with immediate attention and given explanation on how to handle it. Would definitely recommend my local or overseas business associates to use this company service without hassles or doubts faced.
- Winston Kong, Director